Wednesday, November 10, 2010

In the beginning...


After lots of money, belly shots, and doctor's visits, I had my eggs removed October 26th at 1pm. I couldn't eat until after the procedure, and I'm an eater, so that was a fun morning. :) The doctors called us each day to let us know how the embryos were doing. We had ten good ones to start, but by the end of the 5 days, only 4 were left (kinda a relief, since I don't know how we could've handled ten more kids!) On October 31st (yes Halloween), the doctors put two embryos back in and the ten day wait began. I had to take a few days off of school because I had some restrictions: no lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling more than 10 pounds, which is difficult in my job; no exercising; lots of rest, etc. On November 10th, I had a blood pregnancy test and it came back positive! I found out at 10am, but I lied to Steve and told him that they didn't call all day. After school, I had Elias wear a shirt that said "Big Brother in Training." When we got home from school, I told Steve that Elias was too tired to walk in and needed him to carry him. When he got out to the garage, he saw Elias' shirt, and said, "Are you serious?" He looked like he was about to cry. He did call me a name (bad daddy! :) when he found out that I had known all day. And so our story begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment