Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thirty-Four Weeks, Zero Days


So the contractions have started again. This time, they're pretty far apart. One night, I could barely walk after school and had contractions about every 20 minutes. Daddy was not happy and yelled at me (he really yelled) for still working and doing too much around the house. He also told me that if I ruined his four-day weekend (over Memorial Day), that I would be in big trouble. :)

I had another doctor's appointment. I only gained 1 pound this time which made me feel much better. I am now dilated to 1 1/2 cm. I know...watch out! :) I'm also scheduled to start the baby stress tests once a week. She is going to let me do both appointments in one day, so that will be much better than losing two mornings a week. They last until delivery. She also said that 34 to 36 is good for twins, so after next Tuesday, they will no longer stop labor. I'm hoping to make it to 36 weeks, but after that, I'll be running around the block daily. :) It's crazy and very scary to think that I'll have two babies in the next few weeks and I have NOTHING done for them. I still need to paint their room and wash/organize clothes and bottles and make sure my pump works and find someplace for them to sleep and so on. I am notorious for procrastinating, so I guess it shouldn't surprise me too much.

Fun fact: Public bathrooms are becoming an obstacle. Depending on where I go, I can no longer fit in the stalls where the door folds in unless I stand behind the toilet, which is just gross. The handicap toilets sit up higher anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment